Strengthen Our Faith, Deepen Our Hope, Spread the Word Of God
Lent and Easter Dates to Remember
|March 31||Mothering Sunday||10:00 AM, Mother's Union Liturgy|
|April 7||Pretzel Sunday||10:00 AM, PWRDF Liturgy|
|April 14||Palm Sunday||10:00 AM, Liturgy of the Palms|
|April 18||Maundy Thursday||7:30 PM, Holy Eucharist|
|April 19||Good Friday||1:30 PM, Port Wallace United Church|
|April 21||Easter||8:00 AM BCP, 10:00 AM BAS|
Prayer Walks Schedule
|Thursday, March 21||10:00 AM||A Medium walk (3.9 Km or about 50 mins) around the Admiral Westphal area.|
|Tuesday, March 26||1:30 PM||A Medium Walk (4.3 Km or about 55mins) with Stairs and Hills around the Penhorn Lake and Lake Banook area.|
|Thursday, April 12||10:00 AM||Short Walk (2.3 Km or about 30 mins)around the Commodore Park Area.|
|Friday, April 12||10:00 AM||Medium Walk (4.8 Km or about 60 mins) around the Caledonia area.|
|Sunday, April 14||2:30 PM||Long walk (6.6 Km or about 90 mins) along Portland.|
- Home Communions - If you or someone you know requires home communion please call the office and leave a message.
St. Luke’s Men’s Breakfast - March 23rd at 8:30 am. Guest Speaker will be Warren Wesson, founder and board member of Dartmouth Shelter Society.
- Dartmouth Region SafeR Church and Risk Management Workshop - All those within the parishes of the Dartmouth Region who are involved with SafeR Church programs, including Pastoral Care (Youth and Vulnerable Adults) and Finances (Treasurers/Counters) are invited to attend a half-day Workshop on March 30th at the Church of Saint Andrew, Cole Harbour. This Workshop will provide an opportunity to learn and share our thoughts and questions about this vital ministry within our Parishes. Coffee/Tea and Muffins will be provided. Registration 8:30 – 9 am.Register by March 22 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-462-1818
- St. Luke’s Lenten Prayer Group - Grow and strengthen your faith through prayer! Come join us for intercessory prayer, reflection and discussion during lent. Fridays starting March 8 to April 12. 1- 2 pm in our chapel.
- Light of the World Campaign - Let's fill our lighthouse with items that will help our community! You are invited to give up some small luxury item in your lift this Lent and to take the money you save and help our community. You may have a sweet tooth and decide to give up chocolate, or maybe you prefer salt and want to give up potato chips. Each week we will invite you to purchase and donate items to the East Dartmouth Christian Food Bank with the money you save from buying that item. 1st Sunday in Lent (March 10), we will be collecting dental care items. Many small sacrifices will help create a great light in the darkness. "Let your light so shine before others that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
- Clips and Conversations - Some people may not feel they have the right words or enough knowledge to talk about their faith. We are offering a program called “Clips and Conversations” as an opportunity to dip your toe into spiritual discussions. To help make this fun and approachable for all, we will talk about our favourite scenes in movies. Have you ever experienced a film that touched you deeply? Are there particular scenes that you absolutely love? Please let Rev. Matthew know, and we will try to use these in the program. (If you have it on DVD, BlueRay or VHS, it would help greatly if we could borrow it.) Bring your lunch and join us on Sundays (March 10 – April 7) from 11:45 a.m – 1:15 p.m.